Preparing for Baby course - Dacorum 1st August | Saturday, 01. August 2020
About this Event
The date of this course is 1st August 2020. You are booking once, but must attend all three sessions.
(Family Support 09:00-11:00) (Health Visitors 11:30-13.30) (Midwives 14:00-16:00)
PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS IS A ONE-DAY COURSE TEA AND COFFEE WILL BE PROVIDED
Refreshments available - bring appropriate food for the day
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE AT LEAST 25 WEEKS PREGNANT WHEN YOU START THIS COURSE AND IDEALLY YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE IT BEFORE YOU ARE 35 WEEKS PREGNANT. If you are unsure about this, please speak to your midwife.
Its important that you attend ALL 3 SESSIONS as there is much to learn especially for first time parents.
Each Preparing for Baby course costs the NHS and other Public Sector providers £650 to run. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend the full three sessions, then we can offer your place to someone else.
The Preparing for Baby course is a free 3 session course, presented by Midwives, Health Visitors and Family Support staff. The course covers the essentials of what you need to prepare for labour, parenthood and the early years.
The sessions will cover:
- The support available from the Family Centre Service.
- All aspects of infant feeding.
- Emotional preparation for birth and parenthood.
- Practical aspects of caring for a baby.
- Stages of normal labour.
- Understanding of typical induction processes and pain relief.
- What to expect during baby's first hour.
- Support available for baby's first 5 years.
- How babies communicate.
- Healthy relationships, mother's well-being and baby's development.
- Recognising baby's well-being.
- Essential information about keeping baby safe and healthy throughout the early years.
Venue information and directions:
Broadfield Primary School, Windmill Road, Hemel Hempstead HP2 4BX
Entrance is via Family Centre Gate which is to the right as you look at the school
On road parking on Windmill Road, in front of the school