17. July 2020 - 6:00 till 9:00
Carriage House Birth, NY
Carriage House Birth Newborn Care and Lactation for Families, Manhattan | Friday, 17. July 2020
Join us as we demystify caring for your newest family member.
This signature Carriage House Birth workshop, hosted by LaShanda Dandrich, a NYC based IBCLC, Postpartum Doula, and parent, will offer you tools to support the creation of realistic parenting goals and tried and true care for your newborn in the first weeks.
This class will cover:
- What to expect in the first few hours, days, weeks of infants life. Transitioning to life outside the womb
- Immediate procedures after delivery
- Infant behavior and appearance
- Infant feeding habits
- How to identify feeding cues
- Infant feeding and sleep patterns
- Infant care bathing, diapering, swaddling, soothing tips
- When to call pediatrician/ lactation consultant
- Building your postpartum support team
- Postpartum recovery
Besides basic newborn care we will discuss what your newborn will be like, what to expect in their development, feeding and sleep patterns, nursery set up, baby gear, and more.
$275 per family unit (maximum two people).
This class is offered the third Thursday of every month from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Babies welcome.