1.Robotics & Programming Online Course-Level 1, Fall 2020 STEM/Computer Sci | Monday, 01. June 2020
About this Event
Level 1 - Robotics & Programming CourseOnline, Self Paced (Over 100 VIdeos)1 Year AccessGrades: 5 - High School
Our camps and classes give kids the full hands-on computer science experience. They build robots, learn the components, write the software, and upload code to their robots to experience how devices work from parts to completion. Students learn about programming logic, loops, conditional statements, syntax, and more. Students work with sensor tech, Arduino boards, visual & line coding, wiring, troubleshooting & testing. Students get to keep their robots and have the computer programming skills to further engage with their robots at home. We focus on providing a fun, hands-on, and interactive class. Often kids come to camp or classes intimidated by technology but leave feeling proud and confident.
You will go on a journey from: Mechanical Engineering > Computer Science & Programming > Product/OutputCourse Schedule
- There are over 100 videos that walk you through every step of the online course.
- Work at your own pace and schedule
- You have 12 months to complete the course
- Become familiar with hardware components such as: various chips, ports, sensors, communication method, LEDs, Connectors
- Learn core concepts in programming
- Work with functions such as: loops, if statements, if then statements, motions commands,
- Works with sensors such as ultrasonic sensor
- Learn how code is uploaded to robots
- Learn how to troubleshoot robot hardware issues & software issues
- Learn to compare block code to text based code
- Rewrite code to program your remote
- Learn finite robotic motion controls
- Learn how hardware and software work together
- Develop the confidence to independently write code for the robot
- Have fun!
- And much more . . . :-)
This course is generally recommended for students grades 5 and higher. However, we have student in 4th grade that have taken the course, as well as, many high school students. Younger children typically move at a more casual pace and don't do the harder lessons or challenges. High school students generally move quicker and go deeper into the provided lessons and challenges.Course Fee Includes the Robot
- Includes Course Fee + Robot that you get to keep
- 12 month access to the online course
The robot is shipped to you immediately after signing up and your student login will be created.
The robot is re-used in the Level 2 & 3 robotics & programming courses.Required Supplies & Equipment
- Windows, Mac computer or Some Chromebooks (*older Chromebooks may have problems)
- Internet access
- Student will need to have admin access privileges to their computer for installing programming software
- Four AA Batteries
- One button battery
- Blue Painters Tape or Masking Tape
- 1 Safety Pin
We offer a full range of classes - Level 1, 2 & 3 in addition to summer camps, workshops and extra credit courses. We offer online instructor led, online self paced, at schools and during summer camps. More information can be found at homehackercamp.com. Here is a list of upcoming classes:
Summer Camps 2020 - Online & In Person
The camps are a condensed version of our Robotics & Programming courses.
- Level 1 - Mon July 13 - Thurs July 16 , 9:00-12:00, Grades 3 - 5, Online
- Level 1 - Mon July 13 - Thurs July 16, 12:30-3:30, Grades 6 & up, Online
- Level 1 - Mon July 13 - Thurs July 15, 6:00-9:00 PM, Grades 6 & up, Held on-site at Asheville Christian Academy, Swannanoa, NC
- Level 2 - Mon July 20 - Thurs July 12, 6:00-9:00PM, Grades 6 & up, Held on-site at Asheville Christian Academy, Swannanoa, NC
Fall 2020 - Online , Instructor Led & Self Paced Courses
- Level 1 - Robotics & Programming Course, Online/Instructor Led; Grades 6 & Up. Tuesdays Sept 8 th - Nov 17th, 1:30-3:00; Register Here.
- Level 1 - Robotics & Programming Course, Online/Instructor Led; Grades 3 - 5. Tuesdays Sept 8th - Nov 17th, 10:30-12:00; Register Here.
Spring 2021 - Online, Instructor Led & Self Paced Courses
- Level 1 - Robotics & Programming Course, Online/Instructor Led; Grades 6 & up. Tuesdays Feb 9th - Apr 20th, 11:00-12:30; Register Here
- Level 1 - Robotics & Programming Course, Online/Instructor Led; Grades 3 - 5. Tuesdays Feb 9th - Apr 20th, 9:00-10:30; Register Here