Women and Nature Bookclub: November (online) - with author Raynor Winn | Thursday, 19. November 2020
About this Event
Join us each month for stimulating and nurturing discussion of books focussing on women and nature.
*** Our book club will also exist in ****-to-**** form once it's appropriate to do so. Updates to follow ***
Our November book is...
The Wild Silence by Raynor Winn
** Raynor will be joining us for discussion and Q&A. We LOVED her being with us to discuss The Salt Path in April and are so pleased she's coming back to discuss her new book! **
Recovering self-esteem and trust, in herself and in others, is harder than she expected. Raynor and her husband Moth continue to **** his debilitating illness, until an incredible gesture by someone who read The Salt Path changes everything.
This book is about readjusting to life after homelessness, but also about recovering trust and self-belief after a traumatic event - feelings that can translate to many episodes in the life of any of us.
Note from Rowena: I am SO excited to read this book, and have it on pre-order. What a privilege that Raynor will be joining us again, this time to hear your feedback and answer your questions about her new book.
Why join this bookclub?
- Connection with like-minded women
- A donation from every ticket will be made to The Salty Seabirds, a women's well-being organisation located in Brighton, UK.
- Accountability to keep you reading in your busy life
- Another positive thing for us all in these uncertain times
- Ongoing community during these uncertain times
- A resource to support your exploration of the book
- Facilitated discussion during our online session, with breakouts to keep discussions small and intimate
- A second resource to support your active connection with nature, related to the theme of the book!
- One week before we meet, you'll be sent a link to our Zoom meeting, through which we'll connect. This is free and easy to download, if you've never used it before.
- One week before we meet, you'll also be sent some questions to ponder!
- After the online bookclub meets, you'll be sent a free resource to support your own nature- connection actions
- We suggest you purchase your book from an independent bookseller, or borrow from the library. If you wish to purchase online, we suggest using hive.co.uk, an online seller that supports independent bookshops.
- We'll meet monthly, on the third Thursday of the month
- Annual membership discounts and shop-specific discounts coming very soon!
*** Our book club will also exist in ****-to-**** form once it's appropriate to do so ***