Museum Admission July 15-18 | Wednesday, 15. July 2020
About this Event
Please note: the Museum's first floor galleries will be closed for reinstallation, so admission will be free for all from July 15-30th. Also, Gadsden Arts will be closed to the public on Friday, July 17.
Your safety, and the safety of our staff and fellow visitors continues to be our primary concern.
Gadsden Arts is open for scheduled visits only as part of Phase 1, which allows 10 people to tour our buildings per 90-minute time slot. To ensure visitor and staff safety:
- Reservations are required to limit the number of people in the building.
- All visitors, staff, and vendors must wear a **** covering/mask while in the building. If you do not have one, Gadsden Arts can provide a disposable **** mask when you arrive.
- While in the building, all visitors must maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building
- Staff will clean frequently touched surfaces throughout the day
- We ask that you do not come to the museum if you have a fever or any flu-like symptoms, or have been in close contact with anyone presumed or confirmed to have COVID-19 within the past two weeks
- Note that while we have done our best to minimize the risk of exposure to the Coronavirus, this risk cannot be completely eliminated. You will enter at your own risk.
We look forward to seeing you! Please make your reservation for each specific day and time slot here on Eventbrite by 5pm the day preceding your visit. The reservations for each week are available the Wednesday preceding that week.
Please plan to arrive a few minutes prior to your time slot start time. Reservations are held for 15 minutes and may be released to guests waiting for a spot after that time.
At this time, the ArtZone will remain closed. Families are welcome to make reservations to visit our galleries, and pick up a free Gadsden Arts @ Home Art Set, offering art supplies and activity instructions to enjoy at home.
Gadsden Arts will also continue to offer Gadsden Arts @ Home programming – we are grateful that thousands of participants have enjoyed these art-making and art appreciation resources in recent months!EXHIBITS ON VIEW
Doell West: Fanciful Spaces
Opening on July 11 in the Munroe Family Community Gallery is an installation of Doell West’s hand painted furniture. Her pieces are colorful and eclectic, giving them a new life. West prefers to work on reclaimed and neglected pieces, leading the viewer to rethink the value of discarded objects and instead see their potential beauty and utility.
Gadsden Arts Artists Guild
Image: Thomas Friedman, Equilibrium, 2019, pastel, 30 x 30 inches
Recent Acquisitions: Permanent Collection