23. August 2019 - 18:00 till 20:00
Community Herbal Clinic (August 23rd - Student-Managed) | Central San Antonio Location | Friday, 23. August 2019
Please join us at 301 W. Dewey Place, San Antonio, TX 78212.
THIS IS NOT A CLASS! THIS IS A COMMUNITY CLINIC FOR THE SAN ANTONIO AND SURROUNDING AREAS. Please come out if you have any health concerns you would like to discuss and receive herbal advice, as well as actual herbal formulas.
PLEASE RSVP SO WE KNOW YOU ARE COMING!
FAQ: 1) Who is this available for? This clinic is available for anyone and everyone who is interested in their own health, has a health disorder they want to talk about, or is simply curious about herbalism. This is NOT a class, nor is it a typical "clinic" in the medical sense. It is a chance to share any health concerns as well as receive personalized education, and possibly customized herbal formulas that may assist your body in healing itself.
2) What kinds of health concerns would you come to a clinic like this for? Herbs are not the same as pharmaceutical medicine. As the legendary herbalist and teacher Michael Moore used to say: "Drugs tell your body what to do. Herbs ask your body what to do."
However, the amount of healing that your own body can perform applies to every type of injury and illness that exists. There is no illness or injury that some aspect of your body can't be helped to heal, through the appropriate application of good nutrition, healthy lifestyle, and medicinal herbs. So, the short answer is that there isn't anything that you couldn't come to an herbal clinic for, but that doesn't mean we will have "the answer" for you. If you have questions, feel free to email me - sam at thehumanpath dot com.
3) What does it cost? We are a private club and the membership for the club is $5 per year. You will need to pay this membership fee and fill out an application when you get here, if you have not done so in the past year.
Additionally, based upon our discussion about your personal health needs, we may have medicinal herbs available onsite (most are locally grown or wildcrafted, some ordered in bulk form), to mix in a free formulation for you. Herbs and other components that go into a formulation like a tincture, salve, or syrup, cost money. If you do want to take home any herbal formulations there is no charge. However, the recommended donation (that would be greatly appreciated) for materials cost is a flat $10 per ounce for tinctures, salves, liniments or syrups. This is generally 30%-80% cheaper (and far more effective) than buying similar products in a health-food store or online.
4) Is this like a doctor's office visit? No. This is not a medical clinic and we are not a substitute for any kind of allopathic or licensed medical care by a doctor, physician's assistant or nurse practitioner. No illnesses will be diagnosed or treated. This is a student-managed clinic where health concerns can be discussed, herbal medicine can be explained, and herbal preparations can be suggested. Students will run an herbal pharmacy as well, and can provide sample herbal preparations based on the health concerns discussed.
*This is not a class*
5) What students should sign up to work at this clinic? Students who have either finished, or are currently enrolled in The Herbal Medic: Fundamentals class (aka Herbology Level 1) or higher, are eligible to participate in helping run this clinic. Participation by students is highly recommended if you intend on pursuing higher level classes in this school or attending clinical trips to other locations (Nicaragua, South Texas, Virgin Islands, etc.).
Students who wish to sign up to work in this clinic need to RSVP for this clinic. As a student, you must RSVP directly to to secure an open spot. Student signups to work in the clinic are first come, first serve, with only 8 available student spots. Once those spots are filled - they are filled.
*This is not a class*