Certified Scrum Master CSM class (virtual, live, no slides) | Monday, 10. August 2020
About this Event
This Certified Scrum Master (CSM) class is an interactive learning experience full of practical, real-world techniques and hands-on exercises. Learn in-depth the key principles of Agile, explore the practices that define the Scrum framework, and start changing the way you work.
At 5D Vision we drive innovation. We have taught hundreds of people from startups to Fortune 100 companies like Capital One, Walgreens, McKesson, and Dassault Systemes. We share real-life stories that enrich the class experience and provide actionable guidance on how to implement Scrum in your workplace.
Format: Virtual, with live instructor, and group exercises. No slides
Course length: 3 half-days (8:30am - 1:00pm EDT)
Certification: This class includes the Certified Scrum Master exam administered by the Scrum Alliance for the certification. Upon completion of the class and of the assignments, the students are eligible to take the exam.
What's included in the registration
By participating in this course, in addition to a life-changing understanding of Agile and Scrum, you get (included in the cost of registration):
- Digital copy of the course workbook with exercises and worksheets
- Eligibility to take the Certified Scrum Master exam to become a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) upon completion of the requisites
- Two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- 16 SEUs within the Scrum Alliance (Category B) towards your CSM or CSPO.
- Two post-class review sessions (1-hour each, in group) with the trainer(s) to review any topics from the class, discuss application in your real-life work context, and prepare for the CSM exam
- 3 coaching sessions on implementing Scrum in your workplace for 6 months after class
What you will learn
You will gain a practical understanding of the roles, artifacts and events of Scrum, via hands-on exercises, discussion, fun games, and simulations.
- Roles: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team Member
- Events: Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Artifacts: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Product Increment
- Practices: prioritizing your work, establishing a Definition of Done, refinining your Backlog, collaborating with the Product Owner and the Organization, monitoring progress and increasing productivity, technical debt, servant leadership
This Certified Scrum Master class takes participants through a series of interactive exercises where they can learn and apply first-hand the principles of Scrum. The goal of the class is to learn in-depth the Scrum framework and prepare participants for the CSM certification exam.